Cut the Carbon Footprint of your Christmas Advent Calendars | 9 Climate Conscious Recommendations
With December approaching steadily, we’re starting to think about adding a little advent to our daily routine! There are few things better to lift spirits than a little present every morning, so we are bringing you a list of our favourite eco-friendly advent calendars! There is something for everyone in this list, from clean, vegan beauty to ethical fair-trade chocolate, you don’t have to be a scrooge to be sustainable this Christmas!
Classic Chocolate Advent Calendars…
From affordable to luxury, these ethical advent calendars will open the door to a chocolatey treat each day! All from eco-conscious and sustainable businesses, you will find a selection of goodies to help those dark winter mornings feel a bit sweeter!
Chocolate Advent Calendar
- 24 tiny Tony’s Chocolates with 10 different flavours to include ‘sea salt caramel’, ‘popping sugar’ and ‘white chocolate almond’
- 100% recyclable, colourful packaging
- Fairtrade chocolate that aims to end slave and child labour within the chocolate industry
Chocolate Charity Advent Calendar
- 23 Luxury Chocolate Truffles & 2 Mystery Chocolate Bars
- 100% of proceeds to be donated to NHS Charities Together
- Plastic Free
- Single Origin Chocolate
The Grand Advent Calendar
- High quality, Ethical chocolate
- Treats ranging from classic chocolate batons, to cinnamon bun truffles, to a small tipple of salted caramel vodka, hotel chocolat show us the diverse and delicious ways to use the amazing cacao bean!
- A different surprise each day, and plenty to share around
Beauty Advent Calendars…
Since beauty advent calendars came on the market, more become available each year! And if you get a buzz from bath, body & beauty products, what could be more indulgent? Unfortunately wasteful practices and questionable ethics are common to find in the beauty industry, so we have picked our top selection of cruelty-free and recyclable beauty advent calendars to help you on your way to sustainable and ethical treatments.
Holland & Barrett
25 Days of Clean Beauty
- Suitable for Vegans and comes in 100% cardboard packaging
- Featuring sustainable favourites from the likes of REN, Q+A, Evolve and Sukin
- Value worth over £170!
ARRAN Sense of Scotland
Bath & Body Advent Calendar
- Inspired by the fresh, clear expansive greenery and snow-capped forests of Arran
- Worth over £140
- Soaps, Candles & Fragrances
Beauty Advent Calendar
- Vegan & Cruelty Free
- Plastic Free & Eco-friendly
- For each calendar sold, 10 trees are planted
- 24 of 26 items are full size
- Value of over £260, which with the included vouchers becomes £350!
Something a bit different…
If chocolate doesn’t hit the spot for you, and you already have your beauty routine down to a fine art, you don’t have to miss out on the countdown to christmas! With these alternative advent calendars, you can still treat yourself or a loved one to something nice each day, with consumption and sustainability in mind.
- 24 different Organic Herbal teas
- Soil Association Organic Certified
- B Corp Certified
- Fully Recyclable & Compostable packaging
Advent Calendar Christmas Candle
- A personalised candle with a cross-off advent calendar on the label
- Burn the candle for an hour a day, perhaps using this time to create a wintery ritual for yourself and the people around you
- Light the wick on this hand-poured natural soy wax candle and let the festive scent of orange and cinnamon fill your home
The Brew Company
Coffee Advent Calendar
- Find your new favourite brew by sampling one of the 25 single-estate, hand-roasted specialty coffees included in this caffeinated calendar
- The Brew Company have a focus on fair-trade. By offering specialty coffees traded at premium prices, they are securing fair pay and fair working conditions for coffee farmers
- Each coffee advent comes in a fully recyclable and reusable ‘coffee brewer’, saving you the hassle of cleaning a cafetiere for the month of December and beyond!
The festive season is fast approaching, and we can’t wait! We hope our list has helped to get you in the festive spirit if you’re not yet in the celebratory mood, and given you a few ideas on how to mark the season with eco-friendly advent!
However you’re celebrating this season, may it be full of cheer and low on carbon!
More tips for low emission gift-giving and greener grub will be coming soon to our platform, stay posted for more!